Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day 2

Well, I started at six yesterday and it's coming up on my 10:00 today, so that would make this, in the parlance, "Day 2".

I have been a little tired and "swimmy" at some points today, but overall felt fine, though hungrier than usual. Got in all my naps (though 6 p.m. was a close one) and no oversleeping (though ten a.m. was close in that respect). So far haven't needed anything other than my timer to wake me, or anything fancier than a bit of exercise or a cleaning-project to keep me awake. I slept a little at 2:00 and quite a bit at 6:00, woke up groggy and disoriented but it faded quickly.

Taking advantage of something I know about myself now that I didn't have access to last time, I also went and took some movies out of the library. I can't sleep if there's a movie on; my brain just won't let go of a good story (or, come to think of it, quit bitching about a bad one). Makes a good back-up measure.

Tonight I have to take some of the tests again, do laundry (been saving it up, heh), some art and music and a hella lot of homework. Believe it or not, if it weren't for being simply too tired sometimes to stay sitting at the computer, I probably wouldn't be doing anything besides work and homework with all this time...I guess I should be grateful that my body's demanding trips outside and different activities. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy... ;)

Good, um, er, night, sorta!

-PD

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

{*long, shrill whistle*}

Hi! :-D Howzit goin? Whoo-yoo, DOXY!?


{*poke, prod*} Hey!! {*nnnnUDGE*} Y'up?



~ heidi

09 July, 2006 01:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi!! Whatcher doin'??! It's been like 10 minutes since I posted my comment.

{*snort*}

I got a weird & wonderful short film link sent to me today. Thought it might make a nifty addition to your collection:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1806749882353331222&q=the+laws+of+attraction

Oh, and if talk audio might fill the bill at all, there's a bunch of thought-provokers at

http://mp3.rbnlive.com/Marc06.html I'd start with the March 25, 2006 edition.

~ heidi

09 July, 2006 02:30  
Blogger PureDoxyk said...

I'm up! I'm up, dangit! I've re-discovered why sleep-dep is used as a method of TORTURE, but I'm UP. Gaarrrrgh...

Thanks for the poke, tho. ;)
-PD

09 July, 2006 02:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home