Monday, June 19, 2006

Crazy or what?


So, a milestone has been reached -- I've been called crazy. This is an important part of being a pioneer. In fact, I used to rate the success of my experiments on how crazy people told me I was (though by this rating, Uberman was not the most successful experiment...well, it was overall; but not while I was doing it. The most crazy-succesfull experiment I ever did was going a whole winter barefoot. Which, like Uberman, worked a lot better than you'd probably think it would...but that's a different story I guess. ;)

Well, okay, to be totally fair, when exposed to the public I generally get called crazy at least once a month (even in goth bars); but to be even totally fairer, I haven't been really exposed to the public for many moons now. Last time I did Uberman, I was called crazy at least three times before the experiment was really underway. I was beginning to worry that the "good luck totem" of yore might be absent this time. But no, there's obviously just a longer run-up this time. Two weeks to go, and I've been called crazy once. We're moving in the right direction.

Of course, I would like to point out, real briefly, that as crazy pioneers go, at least I'm not as crazy as this guy. Um, yet. I admit, I'm a little jealous of his abundant craziness and willingness to bite the bullet for social research. Go, crazy people!

-PD

P.S. It bears pointing out that the flipside of this is, "If you hate being thought of as crazy, you might want to rethink the Uberman schedule, or anything even remotely pioneering, for that matter. Go be boring, and be happy. Moooo."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not related to your post, but you might want to fix your copyright notice. See http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html for more info (not my website).
-SickBoy

21 June, 2006 19:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home